Tiger Tale Journal -- Cat Thoughts on Life, Religion and Politics

The greater part of what my neighbors call good, I believe in my soul to be bad, and if I repent of anything, it is very likely to be my good behavior. What demon possessed me that I behaved so well? --Henry Thoreau

My Photo
Name:
Location: Frostbite Creek, Minnesota

Can you ever really know a cat?

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Gotta LOVE Harry Belafonte

Harry calls black Republicans "Tyrants."

Harry flat out has guts. Faux News pays him the ultimate compliment of rolling their eyes in cowardly spin to utterly demean and dismiss him (they do that when terrified).

Harry knows Bush and shows it.

He speaks out loud and clear and the major media hush it as much as they can.

They label his remarks as a "tirade" (gosh, was that MORE spin?).

(Such sophomoric editorializing would cause even a high school journalism teacher to trash the article and assign someone else to write it.)

Oh yes, the rich media bastards fear his boat-rocking truth.......ALL the rich bastards fear his boat-rocking truth.

Harry Belafonte......God, I wish he were much younger.....we need more men like him.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wadena, your posts are getting positively rebellious.. I like this cat.

9:20 PM CST  
Blogger Wadena said...

Well.....that OTHER God said some pretty wise things.....like:

The prophet Jeremiah said, “Thus says the Lord: Act with justice and righteousness, and deliver from the hand of the oppressor anyone who has been robbed. And do no wrong or violence to the alien, the orphan, and the widow, or shed innocent blood in this place.”

Since I have a bit of Abyssinian blood and thus am descended from Gods.....I know of which I speak.

And Harry is a true prophet!

9:30 PM CST  
Blogger Cynthia said...

I like Bellefonte. They say that babies and old people are the ones that tell the truth. And sometimes, fools like me.

11:26 PM CST  
Blogger Wadena said...

There are people who would have us believe we are fools, but God tells me that I am wise to do my best to walk in love and to study justice and compassion and not war.

Here's to that kind of wisdom.

5:55 AM CST  
Blogger Regality said...

Lordy, I remember when Belafonte was young and all I thought about him was that he was the sexiest thang I'd ever seen. I had every word of every song of his memorized. The first time I ever saw him on the screen was in a film called "Bright Road." I didn't think of him as a political animal then. Of course, I was still a pre-teen. *L* Saw him perform in person about 20 years ago & had a front row seat. He had not lost any of his sex appeal.

10:10 AM CST  
Blogger Wadena said...

Always liked him......never loved him so much as lately, though.

;)

1:48 PM CST  
Blogger Regality said...

If you don't know about this, http://www.tvland.com/originals/twita/episodes.jhtml, thought you might be interested

4:03 PM CST  
Blogger Wadena said...

Thanks.....that's cool.

8:53 PM CST  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:52 AM CST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home