Tiger Tale Journal -- Cat Thoughts on Life, Religion and Politics

The greater part of what my neighbors call good, I believe in my soul to be bad, and if I repent of anything, it is very likely to be my good behavior. What demon possessed me that I behaved so well? --Henry Thoreau

My Photo
Name:
Location: Frostbite Creek, Minnesota

Can you ever really know a cat?

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Bush (Predator One) Grabs Pakistan Joystick (Secrets in Nevada)

A secret trip to the Nevada desert. So secret......that if you choose to read this--someone may have to kill you.

A heavy-set Air Force Master Sergeant bellowed it out, "ROOM, TEN-HUT!!"

The little cowboy walked in quickly, chest thrown out.....his stiff marionette arms pumping high. "As you were, men.....back to work. I'll be here for a while." Five bird colonels and two generals, their chests covered with vast arrays of medals, were at his side and grim men in dark suits flanked them.

He was wearing a flight suit and a leather flying jacket with "Predator Command" insignia. The room was stunned. He smiled a huge smile. A general handed him a cup of coffee. It was a heavy stoneware cup emblazoned with a mailed fist clutching a joystick that resembled a mace.

He smiled broadly and raised the stoneware cup to honor them. "I hear we're gonna lay the hammer on some ter-ists tonight. That's good. That's real good. You boys do a fine job here. I been watchin' you real close and I'm real proud of you boys."

He jerked his head back suddenly, eyebrows raised, "Uhhh, you girls too. Of course we have girls here too, I knew that. Why don't you make us some fresh coffee, darlin'? This coffee is like Texas coffee....ranch coffee! Maybe you could make a new pot and leave the horseshoe out this time." He laughed and the two generals laughed, followed by the colonels, followed by the rest of the room. Everybody laughed a lot, except the men in the dark suits.

The little cowboy put down his cup. "Well, how long we got 'til the fun starts, General?"

"We're at strike plus two minutes and 35 seconds, sir."

"Ok. Well, good!" He scanned the row of young officers. They were focused with great intensity on the screens in front of them. He tapped a lieutenant on the shoulder. "How 'bout you, son? Want to slip out and let Red Leader have a little time on that joy-stick?"

The lieutenant frowned. "Yes, sir. Where is he, sir?"

The president stared at him. "Well, here! I mean, me dammit! I'M the Red Leader!" He looked at the generals and they both nodded vigorously and motioned the lieutenant to get up. He did, but slowly, looking around the room as he rose.

The little cowboy laughed as he sat down. "I hope you're not misunderestimatin' me, son. I'm an old fighter pilot and I'm briefed and ready. I got a whole Predator simmilater system in a little room just down the hall from the oval office. I been making simmilated ter-ist toast for months and tonight.....tonight I'm gonna toast some for real." His lower jaw pushed out and moved back and forth jerkily as though he were putting an exclamation point on his statement with his chin.

"Yes sir, Mr. President."

"Call me 'Red Leader' today, Son.......and I'm gonna name you 'Stick.' Lieutenant Joey Stick. I almost named you Schmuck, but I see you're learning quick to jump when the Red Leader talks."

"Yes sir, Mr. ummmm.....Red Leader."

The Red Leader looked at the complex array of symbols on his screen. "All this stuff......this is some fine technology here. Why.....if we'd a had these Predators in the Texas National Guard I probably would have had a lot of kills in Vietnam. Wished I could have gone there to Vietnam to lib-rate the brave working people there, but I couldn't. I had huge family responsibilities, of course. Things were happening. Lazy employees were tryin' to form unions."

"Yes sir, Red Leader. Watch your flight path. Your weapons are armed. We're hot and closing on the target."

The president grinned and swung the joy-stick back and forth with gusto. It matched the back and forth motion of his chin. "This Predator is now Air Force Predator ONE!!!!"

He flicked dust off the screen with his finger. "HOO-AH!! Air Force Predator One gonna get us an evil ter-ist!!! Not just any ter-ist either. I'm gonna personally light up that Mr. Abdul El Zaheinie, the big Heinie......the number two hater of America in the entire world."

He winked. "Hey Stick......who knows? Maybe......maybe I'll even get number one, the tall, skinny guy with no kidneys. 'Course, all this has to be secret for now, but later......when I write my book, everybody will know that a courageous American president, me, led the mission that turned the tide in the war against the haters of America."

He turned to one of the Generals. "Have one of the girls write that last line down. I'm savin' good lines for the book. Damn well outsell Clinton's book even WITH his damn overactive zipper."

The displaced and nervous Lieutenant Stick was edging closer. "Yes sir, Mr. President......better take it up a bit, sir.......sir, you're pretty low. And, you may be a little close to one of the other aircraft, sir.

The little cowboy leaned in toward the screen, staring intently. "No problemo, Stickboy. Just watch my six. This is just like riding a bike. Just like that simmilater. I want to get in nice and low. I want to see Mr. El Zaheinie pee in his pants. This is gonna be a Texas turkey shoot."

He leaned in closer to the screen, squinting presidentially. "Hey Stick, after I get ol' Heinie I want you to come back to the ranch as my guest and we'll do a little bike riding together. You'll have to be the hero 'til later when my book comes out. Good photo op. Like when I had that nice young bike ridin' champion out to the ranch. He was a good young man even if he did ride in that damn sissy race in Froggie-land. But I'd like a good patriotic boy like yourself to come out.....maybe give you a big medal after we finish this op. You got a bike, son?"

"No."

"Well, you can use one of mine. " He jerked the joystick back violently. "What the hell was THAT? That looked like a goat!!" The sound of alarms wailing filled the room.

"Sir! Sir, I think......."

"Easy, Stick......I'm doin' fine. What the hell IS that, a goat-alarm?? Stay calm now. Remember, I'm a pilot too. Why can't I see anything?! I saw a goat just a second ago. Was that a ter-ist goat? Didn't look like a ter-ist goat. I can't see the target, though......I think we got a computer glitch here son, the cameras must be pointed all cock-eyed. AWWWWW......some of the other boys are firin' their Hellfire missiles already and I can't even see a damn thing.....oh hell." He got up. "You take her son.......damn computer locked up tight as a tick. If you can gett'er fixed I'll push the button."

The lieutenant collapsed quickly back into the chair, drenched with sweat, resetting controls and immediately coming to a conclusion. "No chance here, sir."

"Oh hell, has ANYBODY got any missiles left? This is bullshit.....I'M THE DAMN RED LEADER and I didn't get to shoot a Goddam thing! What kind of shit IS this??" He grabbed for the joy-stick again. "Lemme have it! Lemme mash the damned button!!! I wanna shoot!!!"

The generals looked alarmed. The lieutenant said, "I think you already shot, sir. Recon says it looks like you crashed, but you took out.......uh, well......you took out one of the other Predators and some kind of small building.....I think it was a goat shed." He wiped sweat off his face like a bad news messenger sensing death. "But it could have been an important goat shed."

One of the generals elbowed the other. "That goat shed looked like a terrorist--I mean--a ter-ist hideout to me."

The other general had been staring blankly at the computer screen that was now blinking with a 'Aircraft Inop' message, but he recovered quickly. "Damn!!! Why didn't WE think of that. That's EXACTLY where Zwahiri would hide! Brilliant thinking, Mr. Red Leader."

The little cowboy was stunned for only a second. "Zaheinie? You mean maybe I got him after all?"

The general frowned. "We can't be sure. The man is an evil Satanic fiend and, of course, fiendishly clever. So far, we know we took out several buildings that we're sure contained a number of people. We won't know until all the reports are in.....but, I have to warn you......there will probably be women and children among the casualties."

The little Cowboy looked very somber and stuck his jaw out and wiggled it back and forth again. "And goats," he said, slowly rubbing his chin and pondering the gravity of the thing. "Well, we all know that war is hell and........my intelligence tells me they're all ter-ist sympathizers and haters of America anyway. Hate us because we're free. Potential homicide bombers. I'll have Fox News put the proper spin on it. Get me the word on old El Zaheinie as soon as you can."

All the president's men in dark suits closed around him and they headed for the door. "That Stick is a fine young man, general. I want him to have a medal even if he did crash. It was only because his computer locked up.....it could happen to anybody. I'm so proud of the way our boys have been fightin' this war on ter-ism.....I want everybody in the room to have a medal.......maybe even the girls could get a nice bracelet medal or some earring medals. Hell, give yourself a damn medal if you got room for any more."

The little cowboy headed back to Air Force One. "Maybe I should drive," he said.

The men in dark suits glanced quickly at one another.

12 Comments:

Blogger Lily said...

"skinny guy with no kidneys." Funny. Great story, Wadena. Kinda crazy. My kind of bush-wacking.

So- my blog does not yet meet with your approval, Wadena? Earth tones, you say? Hmph.

9:34 PM CST  
Blogger Wadena said...

Hey, thanks.

Naw, your blog is lookin' pretty darn good.

But why do I have this feeling you will change it around every couple days anyhow?

:)

10:07 PM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cats have no sense of when a gal is trying to appease them. I was concerned about your eyes, dammit. I'll not be swayed by a sweet talking cat again. I will now retreat bitterly to my 'hard to describe' grayish environs...sans dignity.

I happen to hate your lime green fiasco, but do you hear me bitching?

Its an affront to my aesthetic sensibilities, a blight to the neighborhood, a crime against Al Gore himself, Revered CREATOR of THY HOLY INTERNET, CONDUIT OF SACRED SPAM- PATHWAY OF ALL THINGS SINFUL....this...this lime green.
Color of the devil, it is!!

11:50 PM CST  
Blogger Wadena said...

So, let me get this straight, are you telling me that you don't love my colors?

:)

I do intend to change them when I get time. I'm totally new at this game and right now just struggling to figure out how to do simple things.

Thanks for all your help and advice on my blog, and.....your blog has always been great and now I can read it more easily.

8:16 AM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, its not hard. I can email you how if you decide to remedy this situation. :)
What, no story today? When will we have some poems??? Must dig more through archives?

9:13 AM CST  
Blogger enigma4ever said...

oh, my it appears that Wadena and Lilly are spatting over decor, cats are so finicky ( or is it sensitive ?) about such things. Wadena your cowboy tale is wonderful, very colorful....and satiric humor is really what we need...Xena , my warrior princess, ( who is a tortoise shell gal of nine) says that she will stop by later for another read...oh, now she is crumbling that you Must be added to the blogroll...( even though she knows that I am inept with that...)Anyways thank you for morning dose of Bush wacked....

10:49 AM CST  
Blogger Wadena said...

Thanks so much, Enigma4.....I'm new to this and struggling to find direction.

And Yes, Fair Lil....I'm currently consulting with Wadena on the details of the rest of that fishing trip on the Big Hard-Hearted River.

When we agree on what happened on the rest of the trip--you shall have it.

I've been more troubled by current events of late.

11:04 AM CST  
Blogger Mohawk Chieftain said...

A very interesting report on the atrocity in Pakistan.
This cat should be embedded with our troops... so we can get the real scoop... instead of the cat litter our government feeds us!
Down with the CIA! Let's vote for Wadena!

12:10 PM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say it becomes a romantic story. We could use some unapologetic escapism.

12:53 PM CST  
Blogger Wadena said...

Romance?

Isn't the Little Cowboy's romance with his joystick enough??

Ah, well.....I'm sure the future holds even more romance.

A more interesting question is this: Did Bush actually sneak off to Nellis AFB and participate in the remote-control raid?

Would he enjoy such a thing?

Who could stop him?

1:12 PM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Inibriation Policy might stop him.

Wadena, you might enjoy Take Pause as she is a new blogger trying to get used to the idea. She also has no clue about colors but fortunately has a dedicated and brilliant blogmistress.
Take Pause is a beautiful soul, who inspires me and has truly changed the way I've come to view myself in relation to activism and organizing. Yet she is humble, quiet, reflective, and gracious. I have been after her to blog, to overcome her technology reticence, because she has a lot to say.
Pay her a visit.

1:42 PM CST  
Blogger enigma4ever said...

romance??? well I have said this before and I will say it again, Bush did ejaculate us into a war..does that count?....

Bus would bomb his own outhouse if he felt that it would make him" look "like a War President...

and Xena has again pointed out that the Constitution has been treated like Kitty litter- crapped on by too many....ain't right.

9:24 PM CST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home