Tiger Tale Journal -- Cat Thoughts on Life, Religion and Politics

The greater part of what my neighbors call good, I believe in my soul to be bad, and if I repent of anything, it is very likely to be my good behavior. What demon possessed me that I behaved so well? --Henry Thoreau

My Photo
Name:
Location: Frostbite Creek, Minnesota

Can you ever really know a cat?

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Thanks to Lily, I've Shrugged Off My Depression!!!

Thanks to Lily.....I have shrugged off my depression over the Alito debacle.

Even the thought of fish could not drag me out of this dark depression--but then......Lily passed this gem along on her blog.....And I quote:

"""Run, don't walk, to Mary's at Knock Knock to see the link she has to a quicktime video. It is so funny! Disclaimer: not for the reverent."""

Irreverent......but truly moving.

FundaGelicals, you may as well not go there.....you will be offended.

Carry on. Love and humor will save the day.

11 Comments:

Blogger Lily said...

Well Wadena, it sure cheered me up. I thought it was well done!
I think its reasonable to be despondent today because obviously Alito will be confirmed- we knew this- but what we don't know are the implications. "Lifetime" is a long time.

7:52 PM CST  
Blogger Wadena said...

Lifetime!!!

Oh stop.....I'll have to crank up the video again!!!

LOL! That's better.

Lucky I found Jesus on your blog!

He set me free.

Thanks again.

BTW.....are you fading slowly into the sunset?

Is there a symbolic meaning in the things that have been happening to your picture?

11:16 PM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Symbolic meaning? I thought I was just being pseudo-anonymous. Perhaps I should go the way of the cat..or have a symbol. I just put Jefferson up at Lose The Noose so maybe I should use him... Or Justice Black.
No, I am not fading away, and I do not have any duct tape near any propane.
Interesting, the places one finds Jesus.

5:44 AM CST  
Blogger Lily said...

Is this better???

1:46 PM CST  
Blogger Wadena said...

LOL! Naw, your most recent black and white photo is quite fetching and internet-safe, I would think.

I thought I posted this morning, but I guess it didn't work. What I said was that your gradual Cheshire-like disappearance was reminding me not only of the Cheshire, but one of those "Back to the Future" movies where somebody's photo was fading away.

2:58 PM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fetching? Thats funny, cat. You're kind.
I'm glad you were not upset that I doctored up the cat in the picture-it was just for fun.

5:42 PM CST  
Blogger Wadena said...

Oh, no....it was GOOD.

A Picasso-ish and tortured cat. Much as I feel so often these days.

And cats are not what you could call "kind," we are mostly brutally and innocently honest.

6:05 PM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tortured cat? Hm. I wanted to make Wadena into a happy singing cat. Not be tortured. Psychedelic. Doing the merenge.

6:53 PM CST  
Blogger Wadena said...

Ah well.....let us not forget that my severed paws were waving in the air.

How do you think that felt?

Actually, it felt sort of disconnected......just as I have been feeling lately.

(But it LOOKED odd.)

As did the smile....a Cheshire smile would have been nice.

9:24 PM CST  
Blogger Lily said...

I'll try to do a better job with the paws- hey, these things take alot of time! Sometimes I am harried. If you DO feel like expressing some political discontent, consider a 'guest' post on Lose The Noose. There are a few contributors, in fact Lew just posted something this evening. I think venting helps.
Disconnected? Are they petting you, Wadena???? More to life than fish and backpacks.

9:40 PM CST  
Anonymous Curtain Cleaning Hawthorne said...

Thankss great blog post

11:51 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home