Tiger Tale Journal -- Cat Thoughts on Life, Religion and Politics

The greater part of what my neighbors call good, I believe in my soul to be bad, and if I repent of anything, it is very likely to be my good behavior. What demon possessed me that I behaved so well? --Henry Thoreau

My Photo
Name:
Location: Frostbite Creek, Minnesota

Can you ever really know a cat?

Saturday, January 21, 2006

AMERICA CHOOSES DEFEAT--A PREDICTION

JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Israel accused Iran and Syria on Friday of planning and funding a suicide bombing in Tel Aviv that raised tensions ahead of next week's Palestinian election.

Thursday's bombing posed a major challenge to interim Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert, who assumed power after Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's massive stroke on January 4, and could pressure him to retaliate against Palestinian militants.

Sharon aide Raanan Gissin told Reuters that Israel has "ample, concrete evidence" that the Tel Aviv bombing, claimed by the Islamic Jihad group, was bankrolled from Tehran and planned in Damascus. The bombing injured 30 people.


And so it goes....another bomb goes off and respected journalists call it terrorism.

Muslims bad, Zionists good. Iran and Syria are luridly labeled as the "Axis of Terrorism."

How tragic it is that this never-ending barrage of propaganda guarantees that the killing will continue unabated.

The charge is made: TERRORISM. Iran bankrolled--Syria executed.

Yet a glance at reality shows us thousands of dead Palestinians (resisting the occupation of their land) in hundreds of incidents where:

America bankrolled--Israel executed. But was that called terrorism?

And yet another glance at reality shows us thousands of dead Iraqi people who were killed resisting the occupation of their land by a crushing and totalitarian American occupation.

And was THAT called terrorism?

Oh yes, there was the cowardly Predator drone strike that murdered Pakistani women and children......was THAT called terrorism?

And if America strikes out against Iran and Syria? Will the media call THAT terrorism?

No. Because in this "Might Makes Right" world.....the mighty are always right and the weak and oppressed are always wrong.

The mighty control, not only all the effective weapons, they control the media--and the media control the minds of the people. The pen is mightier than the sword and the poor and oppressed have neither the sword nor the pen.

Americans are bombarded daily with media accounts that portray anyone who opposes America as a freedom-hating terrorist. We good. They bad.

And in this "We good, they bad" world.....war will continue unabated until America's economy is totally destroyed.

Yes, I'm saying America (and her surrogate, the Zionists of Occupied Palestine) will lose this profoundly stupid war against the poor and weak.

It's only a matter of time.

We could win the peace.....we will choose instead to lose the war.

That choice is a display of arrogance and ignorance that is unparalleled in human history.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"The pen is mightier than the sword and the poor and oppressed have neither the sword nor the pen."

I love that, Wadena. So true.

Powerful, mind prodding post today.
I enjoyed it very much.
I will think some more about it. I have some difficulties with this topic- I would like to refer you to a previous entry on Lew's blog unBrainwashed where he had an interesting exchange on related matters. The post prior to the current one on Diplomacy and kitties: Unbrainwashed
Would be interested in your view about how that discussion played out because I thought the subtext explained alot about why this is so seemingly 'unresolvable'.
Thank you for an excellent perspective.
Off I go to a dinner party... Perhaps I will bring this up in the middle of the dinner? Once a woman during dinner said "Why don't we just nuke Mecca? That would fix the Arabs and end this nonsense." It was an unreal conversation. Very sad.

3:50 PM CST  
Blogger rev. billy bob gisher ©2008 said...

well i just saw a pig flying, and found this place. like the approach. i am trying too. want to swap? links that is. you can keep the pig.

5:00 PM CST  
Blogger Wadena said...

(Human comment)

Thank you, Lily. You are kind.

Thanks for the link and I did comment over there.

Hope the dinner party goes well. I (being somewhat troubled by a form of high-level autism) cannot abide small talk and usually push the.....no, rip apart the envelope of safe and polite chat topics.

Ah, well.....I am as God made me and nothing more.

Wadena loves me.

:)

7:45 PM CST  
Blogger Wadena said...

Rev. BB,

Swapping links sounds good.

I happen to believe pigs can go supersonic.

:)

7:48 PM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First, Wadena, another L Cohen fan.

Second, The Rev is a hoot, beneath his crazy stories are some really intersting messages.

Agreed, as usual, Take Pause.

I happen to be very bad at chit chat myself, but force myself especially in situations where it brings happiness to others for me to behave. I hate that path of thinking though.
I am quite certain that you are loved far in excess of Wadena's offerings. :) Though she has the appearances of a formidable pet.

12:10 PM CST  
Blogger Wadena said...

Takepause, you are too kind (keep it up!).

:) :) :)

And Lily, yes.....I am loved by a few and hated by many.

I don't just accept.....I embrace that consequence.

Wadena keeps reminding me that prophets get killed (oh, THAT cheers me up).

5:37 PM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm but they also have serenity. Acceptance, no?

9:22 PM CST  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:53 AM CST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home