Tiger Tale Journal -- Cat Thoughts on Life, Religion and Politics

The greater part of what my neighbors call good, I believe in my soul to be bad, and if I repent of anything, it is very likely to be my good behavior. What demon possessed me that I behaved so well? --Henry Thoreau

My Photo
Name:
Location: Frostbite Creek, Minnesota

Can you ever really know a cat?

Monday, December 26, 2005

The Christian Pie American Talking Blues Song

Eating Pie in the Name of Jesus

I know you would be encouraged, if you knew me back in the day
I know your heart would swell with pride to see me go about my way
I know I was good for the children, I know I was good for the world
I know that Jesus cherished me, well, whatever….I was gonna be heard.

I was eating pie, eating pie, eating pie in the name of Jesus.

I was helping all the sinners, I was setting the captives free
I was eating pie for the poor, oh, I was eating pie by the Christmas tree
Eating pie, eating pie, eating pie in the name of Jesus.

I was saving the wandering Muslim, I was taking Holy Land for the Jew
I was eating pie to help the hungry and weak and I was eating more than a few.
I was eating pie, eating pie, eating pie in the name of Jesus.

Every Sunday after service, yes, the evening service too,
Every Wednesday after the special service for the Very Holy Few
We’d all go to Perkins, yes, our whole Holy Crew
We were having more pie, a lot more pie, abundant pie in the name of Jesus.

We were saving babies and we were giving sight to poor blind fools
We paraded past the flag pole, we got the kids to pray in the schools
We got the proper people elected to save the homosexuwules.
We were eating pie…….eating pie, yes, eating pie in the name of Jesus.

We helped the poor to help themselves working at a minimum wage
That wasteful health insurance for kids wasn’t really needed anyway
We were walking tall for Jesus, the salvation of us all
Oh we ate pie…….(Oh, you know…..sing it now.) Pie, pie, etc. etc.

We invaded Iraq, it had to be done, we knew exactly why
Chemical weapons, mass deceptions, there were bombers in the sky,
If Iraq didn't do it, somebody did, and some Muslims had to die
We were eating pie, the price of gas was too high, we needed more PIE......
Yes we did, oh sweet Jesus.

We were holier than Swiss cheese and holding all the Kingdom keys
We were strong and standing tall, as the poor and weak were on their knees
Our rolling holy agenda, it was guaranteed to please
We were eating pie, never gonna die, we had all the pie, and we had Jesus.

And our Jesus.....he looked just like us, he was plump and six feet tall
And he ate pie, a lot of pie, yes, up in the sky, our sweet Jesus.
Oh he ate pie, and we ate pie, we all ate pie with our sweet Jesus.
We had to be right, everything was all right......we're getting THE ENTIRE PIE
With our sweet Jesus.

2 Comments:

Blogger dick clinch said...

This cat thinks about pie way too much.

5:29 PM CST  
Blogger Wadena said...

Four and twenty blackbirds.....

:D

5:40 PM CST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home