Tiger Tale Journal -- Cat Thoughts on Life, Religion and Politics

The greater part of what my neighbors call good, I believe in my soul to be bad, and if I repent of anything, it is very likely to be my good behavior. What demon possessed me that I behaved so well? --Henry Thoreau

My Photo
Name:
Location: Frostbite Creek, Minnesota

Can you ever really know a cat?

Monday, December 26, 2005

Mark Twain and the Pie-Eating Jesus

Mark Twain's bigotry would appear to be religious in nature.

While it may be true that he loved the black folk of his youth.....what was the difference between them and the brown and black folk of the Muslim Faith?

His black folk were Christians who had accepted the blue-eyed, American jingo Jesus.

Bingo jingo. On his pie-eating cruise he met people who not only had no pie.....they didn't WANT the pie of The Great Satan America.

That's what he hated. He couldn't stand anyone who rejected our pie and our plump, white, pie-eating Jesus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home