Tiger Tale Journal -- Cat Thoughts on Life, Religion and Politics

The greater part of what my neighbors call good, I believe in my soul to be bad, and if I repent of anything, it is very likely to be my good behavior. What demon possessed me that I behaved so well? --Henry Thoreau

My Photo
Name:
Location: Frostbite Creek, Minnesota

Can you ever really know a cat?

Thursday, December 14, 2006

We Were Stupid Then

We were stupid then.

I remember it well......planning (in my own noble way) to enlist in the Navy to help the courageous "South" Vietnamese "freedom fighters" escape from the "evil and Godless Commie oppressors," the "Viet Cong," the "Chicoms," who were "invading" their country to "enslave" them.

Turned out that the "Viet Cong" were non other than the people of Vietnam who didn't want US to enslave THEM......(we didn't know that for YEARS).

Turned out that the "courageous South Vietnamese" were just traitorous sycophants who wanted to get rich helping America enslave their brothers.

In those days we gave up our lives to help make the world safe for American "democracy" (wage-slavery) and it seemed ok to kill anyone and everyone who disagreed with us......after all, God was on OUR side.

In those days we had "Red" China and the "Bamboo Curtain" and the "Iron Curtain" and the "Cold" war.....

The "evil and Godless" Commie oppressors have been conveniently and effortlessly replaced by the "Islamo-Fascists" and "insurgents" and "homocide bombers" and the "War on Terror" quickly and smoothly replaced the "Cold War."

The Military-Industrial Complex continues to prosper on lies.....the rich get richer and the lucky poor get poorer and the unlucky poor get artificial limbs or wheelchairs or painful death in screaming, gasping horror.

We were stupid then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home