Tiger Tale Journal -- Cat Thoughts on Life, Religion and Politics

The greater part of what my neighbors call good, I believe in my soul to be bad, and if I repent of anything, it is very likely to be my good behavior. What demon possessed me that I behaved so well? --Henry Thoreau

My Photo
Name:
Location: Frostbite Creek, Minnesota

Can you ever really know a cat?

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

WHEN FUTURE CHILDREN ASK........

When Future Children Ask.....

Some churches failed to speak out against slavery. Some churches failed to speak out for integration and civil rights. Those churches cannot pretend they did not fail.....it is fact that they failed.

In time, the smoke screen of propaganda will clear and people will see the horrific reality of what happened in Iraq and why.

When future children ask why the churches did not protest the current American aggression and atrocities in Iraq......

The churches will only be able to hang their heads in shame.

There IS no excuse.

8 Comments:

Blogger Carrie Oakey said...

The churches support the war against the Islamofascists! If America isn't going to protect Christianity, who will? The French?

8:14 PM CDT  
Blogger Wadena said...

There are churches.....and then there are churches.

9:56 PM CDT  
Blogger Wadena said...

And yes, I can blame them.

9:58 PM CDT  
Blogger Wadena said...

So far here.....I have responses from one Angel of Light and one half-nekked Satanic Fascist slut.

Anyone else want to weigh in?

10:56 PM CDT  
Blogger Granny said...

Hi Wadena. I see Carrie's still around.

My church has officially protested the war from the beginning. I don't think we're spoken as loudly as we should.

Good to see you back writing again.

2:12 AM CDT  
Blogger Wadena said...

What church is that, Granny???

9:29 PM CDT  
Blogger Diane S. said...

It seems to me a lot more than the churches are remaining silent.

Someday we will all have to explain to our children and our grandchildren how this was allowed to happen.

Nothing we could possibly say will be enough.

1:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:52 AM CST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home