Tiger Tale Journal -- Cat Thoughts on Life, Religion and Politics

The greater part of what my neighbors call good, I believe in my soul to be bad, and if I repent of anything, it is very likely to be my good behavior. What demon possessed me that I behaved so well? --Henry Thoreau

My Photo
Name:
Location: Frostbite Creek, Minnesota

Can you ever really know a cat?

Saturday, April 22, 2006

My Computer Guy is Not Calling Me Back.

My computer guy is not calling me back.

This is not a huge problem, but......there ARE some things that are not working as well as they should work and I really would like to get done with this whole project. The promises of the wonders of wireless were more promising and less wondrous than we expected.

This whole technology thing sucks. How did I ever allow myself to become so dependent? What would Thoreau do? Don't answer that.

And Take Pause has vanished. She WAS talking about vanishing a while back. She was flitting in and out of this plane of existence.

Now she's gone.

I miss her.

Lily has departed to blog on some new liberal blog. She's probably writing incredibly brilliant stuff there and I don't have time to go look.

The rest of the gang? Who knows? I've been too busy to even check on the bizarre young naked bellicose Fascist that posted here recently. I really must be getting old.

I've had more hours at work recently. And at home.....getting ready for Summer has been more time-consuming and complex than ever before.

And......I have a fair list of 'Need to Do' things that are clamoring in the very dusty far back corners of my mind as they become 'Must Do' things on the way to becoming 'Absolutely SHOULD HAVE Been Done' things.

Pictures I should take. Pictures I should be filing on this computer. Pictures I should be visualizing with intent to take. Auctions planned but unready for e-Bay. Socializing that has been neglected. Things I should be buying to help get the new (used) laptop going. Lawn mowers that have been tuned up and never tested (I have faith that they will work ok......I think).

Several scattered books half-read. Phone calls that I should have made two weeks ago. Walks not taken. Shopping not done. A rowing machine that stares at me like a woman who is quite certain I MUST have cheating on my mind....or possibly even be consorting with some other rowing machine in some shadowy and sleazy spa.

Now I absolutely have to go do battle with the new (used) laptop. I know, even as I type this.......that it is a battle I am destined to, if not lose.......at least never win. Damn thing is tricky. It knows my every weakness and I understand its ways as a beagle understands nuclear physics.

Could be worse. It's a beautiful day and I have a great movie to watch tonight.

Do need to locate TP, though. Her alternate universe was sounding pretty good.

What would Thoreau do? Don't answer that.

19 Comments:

Blogger Granny said...

I have a message for you. Please email me
ann.adams95340@gmail.com

8:10 PM CDT  
Blogger Granny said...

Just seeing it you've added anything. Blogline was down for much of the day.

Missed you somehow on the new blogroll over at isamericaburning. I'll try to get you on.

4:42 AM CDT  
Blogger Wadena said...

Ok, Granny.....thanks for getting that message to me and keep stopping by--I'll try to visit you, too.

(It's just that there's this big bad wolf, and...........)

4:53 PM CDT  
Blogger rev. billy bob gisher ©2008 said...

What would Thoreau do?

run linux.

happy to have you back.

1:25 PM CDT  
Blogger Wadena said...

Thanks, Rev.

:D

I'm not really back. Incredibly enmeshed by some things that have come up and the the normal tasks of Spring this year.

But I'm trying to get back.

6:33 AM CDT  
Blogger Granny said...

You're finally on our blog roll. Our mutual friend is still concerned.

5:38 PM CDT  
Blogger Wadena said...

Thanks, Granny.

(All my friends are always concerned.)

:)

3:40 PM CDT  
Blogger Wadena said...

Vanished! A great new name. Changing names often can help keep those clandestine government agencies confused.

Glad you returned. I've been slowly working through the computer problems and things are getting better.

But....this morning I had to chat with the cable company for about an hour (counting the real people and computer voices) because my connection was gone.

They said maybe we had a brief power flop during the night. Oh well, now I know how to deal with that.

I'll have to check my e-mail, too.

Greetings to all.....I'll be doing some serious writing again within a few weeks.

9:13 AM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know what Wadena, sometimes people simply become consumed by a pathology that can be described as nothing less than manipulative, and they mask it with a persona that belies their cruelty. Some people use their malicious distortions to disparage others with little opportunity for defense. That is part of life, part of the insidious silent enemy of bitterness.
My thinking is that a person interested in peace does not leave intolerant comments that are hurtful to others or are intended to smear them. If somebody abuses the power of the medium to spew venom, that is their choice but we do not have to participate.
For months I have been disrespected and insulted over my ability to maintain or "fix" that blog fast enough. I have gone there with an open heart and sincerity only to find once again-a post about how I am neglectful, unresponsive, and insensitive to the technical difficulties. I spent many hours fixing screw ups, and spent many hours providing instruction. I was not given an opportunity to explain the circumstances for the template problem, but the fact that it has elicited such hurtful accusations was telling to me and in hindsight I now appreciate the needed clarity.
Now I cannot even begin to sit here and travel around the blog world defending myself against some of what I have been hearing.
But shame on you for not taking a relatively small step to reach out and even say hello or ask. How easily a person can laud the power of lies toward their relentless dramas! And how easily people will follow. Thank you Wadena for all of the kind words and supportive ways I have come to count on you for. I begrudge you nothing. And wish you well.

7:23 AM CDT  
Blogger Wadena said...

Sorry that I've been so quiet.

Actually, I've usually been criticized far more for being too loud.

The demands of spring/summer have simply been too great.

I'll try to do better......soon.

If there is someone here who has truly read the archives silly and wants more.....say so and I will find a way to write more.

6:32 PM CDT  
Blogger Diane S. said...

There's this thing that starts happening around the time your 17, but no one tells you. Slowly, ever so slowly, each day the clock moves a little faster. It never stops. Just moves incrementally faster today than yesterday (and not as fast as tomorrow).

And suddenly you're eating breakfast every five minutes wondering why you can't get anything done.

8:01 PM CDT  
Blogger meldonna said...

Hey you ol' cat!

If you were refering to that one who blogs as Carrie Oakley as the young neocon, count yourself blessed...word around the campfire is she's actually a bored old man just wnating to get hits on his lame blog. The word troll comes to mind...

I'm lighting a candle to bless you from the cyberGods; truth be told, I'm a bit 'nerd-challenged' myself. I've got a dinosaur computer myself, which when it gets to many bugs in it, I can just re-format and reload. That's got to drive the NSA crazy (I hope it makes a big old thumping buzz in their headphones every time I do it).

Then again, when I was younger and used to own an automobile, I alway made sure is was old and simple enough to work on myself...it's an ongoing struggle to be self-reliant in the 21st century!

My best regards, Catman. And give your namesake kitty a snuggle for me.

4:24 AM CDT  
Blogger Wadena said...

Diane, I think that's exactly what has happened to me.

Pass the toast?

Oh! And some of that strawberry jam would be nice.

Now....what were we talking about?

:)

6:01 PM CDT  
Blogger Wadena said...

Thanks, Meldonna.....I think the laptop is actually working fairly well now and I just have to get used to some changes in the way I have to do things......but the other computer is whining and may have problems.

More ad and spyware is now getting into FireFox.....I should have known it couldn't last forever.

I always thought Carrie was great satire......I haven't been to visit her (him?) for days, but I sure hope it was sincere satire and not just greedy trolling.

See you later.

6:06 PM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A troll is a person who is malicious, abusive, and whose sole intention is to be disruptive and hurtful. I do not know who Carrie Oakey is but I discovered more pain from the bloggers who call themselves friends.

Ignore a troll, they go away. Perhaps people just take things too seriously. I'm pretty sure she is just a joke, a prank. Give me a prankster over a mean spirited person anyday.

9:13 PM CDT  
Blogger Lily said...

Yes, we do not need more mean people.

9:20 PM CDT  
Blogger Diane S. said...

Hey Tiger Tale,

I have a friend that does Tech Support. If you want, email me, I'll email him, get the phone # where he is now, and maybe y'all can work something out.

Good luck on the overwhelmedness. Been there. Just start somewhere, and when you finish one thing, start on the next thing. Eventually it all *will* get done.

Best wishes!

3:57 PM CDT  
Blogger Wadena said...

Vanished, I always thought you did quite well.....maybe you're listening to the wrong people?

11:03 PM CDT  
Blogger Wadena said...

Diane, thanks.

I think things are ok now until the next......Oh.....I'll shut up.

Things are ok now.

11:04 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home