Tiger Tale Journal -- Cat Thoughts on Life, Religion and Politics

The greater part of what my neighbors call good, I believe in my soul to be bad, and if I repent of anything, it is very likely to be my good behavior. What demon possessed me that I behaved so well? --Henry Thoreau

My Photo
Name:
Location: Frostbite Creek, Minnesota

Can you ever really know a cat?

Monday, February 20, 2006

CHENEY HUNTING ACCIDENT! Ballistic Science Reveals Truth!

This is not satire.....it is as real and substantial as a large, cold, dead turkey riddled with number 7 1/2 shot pellets from a 28 gauge shotgun.

No, I repeat, this is NOT satire. We should have known this would happen.

Tests have been done to verify the effectiveness of the 28 Gauge Shotgun at various distances. Chickens, pigs, turkeys and melons are being shot full of holes by Liberals and Conservatives alike (no chicken hawks were shot in these tests).

Still, the metaphors suggested by the targets are most intriguing.

The
First Test proves the Conservatives are right (and shows that Conservatives are also FAR more creative in target choice).

The
Second Test proves the Conservatives are right and that the Liberals don't know much about guns, but DO know how to use smoke and mirrors (and are far less gifted in choosing symbolic targets).

Neither group used the more powerful hunting loads that I mentioned in the post below (in fact, the Liberal group must have used very special and impotent ammunition as they could not get it to penetrate wallpaper at 30 yards, thus "proving" that Cheney's gun could not even put out the eye of a baby robin at that distance).

BTW, all my conclusions below are based on my many years of experience in hunting with shotguns of ALL gauges and backed by several books on shotgun ballistics, the foremost of which is "The Shotgun Book" by Jack O'Connor.

No animals were harmed in my efforts, but my conclusions are validated by the tests done by the more creative group (they actually punched a fist sized hole through a watermelon at ten yards even without using the heavy Winchester Super-X load that I mentioned in my post below).

This more exhaustive and thorough testing (which also included totally demolishing a cornish game hen at five yards and ripping a huge hole in a turkey at five yards) ended with the conclusion that Whittington was probably shot at a distance of 20 to 30 yards (exactly what I had concluded).

Maybe some still have doubts as to how pellets ended up in Whittington's heart and liver. Here's an interesting tidbit: The doctors said that the pellet they saw in his heart was larger than the rest--they called it the size of a number four shot instead of 7 1/2 shot. Or they called it the size of four size 7 1/2 shot.....the account is not clear and people have such difficulty with ammunition terminology.

But is this puzzling? No. Shotgun pellets can clump together and actually adhere to one another. That is not uncommon and happens in the manufacturing process. Such clumps would penetrate much deeper than the other pellets. These things usually are not noticed by hunters (unless they "pepper" a partner).

Odd things happen with ballistics, but very few are puzzling with the proper investigation.

I rest my case. NOW can we leave Cheney's unfortunate accident and get on to more important things?

8 Comments:

Blogger pissed off patricia said...

I'm pretty sure the veep wouldn't be so careless with a gun. I believe that old Harry stumbled and fell on a pile of already discharged pellets. My cat, Fred the Cat, says it makes all the sense in the world to him. Fred also thinks bush won the 2000 election fair and square.

Pj’s till noon? Three days in a row? Cool, a fellow sinner!

2:53 PM CST  
Blogger Wadena said...

I don't see what all the fuss is about.

Whittington looks great for a man of 78.

He even appears to have put on a little weight.

Say hi to Fred

(Is he pissed off, too?)

Yup.....PJs three days in a row.

Now it's time for the steam bath and a nap.

(Cheshire Smile)

3:04 PM CST  
Blogger Lily said...

Wadena,
You have been cranky these past few days, is your owner feeding you fish?

Do you need me to come in a dark, tinted window vehicle and help you make a run for it? :)

Nice kitty. I love you. Bite him on the leg today, ok? Get the dinner you deserve. Even my cat raised a paw in solidarity.

3:37 PM CST  
Blogger Wadena said...

Cranky? Me?

I thought, "put on a little weight," was hilariously funny.

I'm almost always smiling here....guess I need to show it more.

:)

How about, "Hurry it up, Whittington.....get the lead out!!"

3:53 PM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wadena,
Aw. I'm just teasing you know.

10:19 PM CST  
Blogger Wadena said...

Glad you're feeling better, dear.

:)

10:47 PM CST  
Blogger Lew Scannon said...

Here it is:Cheney was drunk!But I ask you not to divulge this for national security purposes.

8:37 PM CST  
Blogger Lew Scannon said...

Oh, by the way, we're all dying to know over at unbrainwashed, what did Bill Clinton say?

8:39 PM CST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home