Tiger Tale Journal -- Cat Thoughts on Life, Religion and Politics

The greater part of what my neighbors call good, I believe in my soul to be bad, and if I repent of anything, it is very likely to be my good behavior. What demon possessed me that I behaved so well? --Henry Thoreau

My Photo
Name:
Location: Frostbite Creek, Minnesota

Can you ever really know a cat?

Monday, December 26, 2005

About Me

Blue Only Goes With Sunshine

My favorite color is sunshine

I love the way it smells

It sparkles on the water

With the flashing sound of bells.

It’s better than the color blue

Which always made me sad.

My mother loved that color

The only one she had.

She taught me all there is to know

About the color blue.

She helped me learn that blue’s no good

If sunshine’s not there too.

My father loved the color red

And Mars, the god of war.

He bottled up the sunshine

And he sold it in his store.

His riches were exceeded

By the torment in his life,

His noisy desperation

And the clouds across his sight.

I’m looking at the ocean

Below a perfect sky.

My clothes that were so wet and cold

Are now sun-warmed and dry.

I’m smiling at the dolphins

And understanding why

The blue is good in daylight

Against a sunny sky.

And though I’m yet unable

To join them in their play

I understand the dolphins

And envy them their ways.

There’s so much heavy past

Infused with deep and solid blues

But sunshine whispers "it’s ok,"

My life is what I choose.

My favorite color is sunshine

I love the way it smells

It sparkles on the water

With the flashing sound of bells.

2 Comments:

Blogger Wadena said...

Thanks, Mouse.

11:43 AM CST  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:51 AM CST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home